1. About our terms
1.1 These terms and conditions of use (Terms) explain how you may use this website and any of its content (Site). These Terms apply between (we, us or our) and you, the person accessing or using the Site (you or your).
1.2 You should read these Terms carefully before using the Site. By using the Site or otherwise indicating your consent, you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you do not agree with any of these Terms, you should stop using the Site immediately.
1.3 These Terms apply to any parts of the Site, its functionality and content provided to you free of charge for information or entertainment purposes only.
1.4 If you order any goods, services or digitalcontent form the Site or if you buy a subscription or membership to access restricted parts of the Site, separate terms and conditions will apply.
2. About us
2.1 We are Digital Canopi (a product of Royards Publishing Company Ltd) a company registered in Trinidad and Tobago under the Companies Act Chap 81:01.
2.2 You can contact us by:
• email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Monday to Friday: 8 am to 4 pm; or
3. Using the site
3.1 The Site is for your personal and non-commercial use only.
3.2 You agree that you are solely responsible for all costs and expenses you may incur in relation to your use of the Site.
3.3 We make no promise that the Site is appropriate or available for use in locations outside of Trinidad and Tobago.
If you choose to access the Site from locations outside Trinidad and Tobago, you acknowledge you do so at your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws where they apply.
3.4 As a condition of your use of the Site, you agree not to:
3.4.1 misuse or attack our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or any other material which is
malicious or technologically harmful (such as by way of a denial-of-service attack), or
3.4.2 attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site.
3.5 We may prevent or suspend your access to the Site if you do not comply with these Terms or any applicable law.
4. Registration and password security
4.1 Use of the Site may require registration, particularly in order to access restricted areas of the Site.
4.2 We are not obliged to permit anyone to register with the Site and we may refuse, terminate or suspend registration to anyone at any time.
4.3 You are responsible for making sure that your password and any other account details are kept secure and confidential.
4.4 If we have reason to believe there is likely to be a breach of security or misuse of the Site through your account or the use of your password, we may notify you and require you to change your password, or we may suspend or terminate your account.
5. Infringing content
5.1 We will use reasonable efforts to:
5.1.1 delete accounts that are being used in an inappropriate manner or in breach of these Terms; and
5.1.2 identify and remove any content that is inappropriate, defamatory or infringes intellectual property rights when we are notified, but we cannot be responsible if you have failed to provide us with the relevant information.
5.2 If you believe that any content which is distributed or published by the Site is inappropriate, defamatory or infringing on intellectual property rights, you should contact us immediately using the contact details at the top of this page.
6. Your privacy and personal information
7. Ownership, use and intellectual property rights
7.1 The intellectual property rights in the Site and in any text, images, video, audio or other multimedia content, software or other information or material submitted to or accessible from the Site (Content) are owned by us and our licensors.
7.2 We and our licensors reserve all our intellectual property rights (including, but not limited to, all copyright, trademarks, domain names, design rights, database rights, patents and all other intellectual property rights of any kind) whether registered or unregistered anywhere in the world. This means, for example, that we remain owners of them and are free to use them as we see fit.
7.3 Nothing in these Terms grants you any legal rights in the Site or the Content other than as necessary for you to access it. You agree not to adjust, try to circumvent or delete any notices contained on the Site or the Content (including any intellectual property notices) and in particular, in any digital rights or other security technology embedded or contained within the Site or the Content.
7.4 Trademarks: Our trademarks and third-party trademarks are used on the site or in the Content. Use by you of any trademarks on the Site or in the Content is strictly prohibited unless you have our prior written permission.
8. Submitting information to the site
8.1 While we try to make sure that the Site is secure, we do not actively monitor or check whether the information supplied to us through the Site is confidential, commercially sensitive or valuable.
9. Accuracy of information and availability of the site
9.1 We try to make sure that the Site is accurate, up-to-date and free from bugs, but we cannot promise that it will be. Furthermore, we cannot promise that the Site will be fit or suitable for any purpose. Any reliance that you may place on the information on the Site is at your own risk.
9.2 We may suspend or terminate access or operation of the Site at any time as we see fit.
9.3 Any Content is provided for your general information purposes only and to inform you about us and our products and news, features, services and other websites that may be of interest, but have not been tailored to your specific requirements or circumstances. It does not constitute technical, financial or legal advice or any other type of advice and should not be relied on for any purposes. You should always use your own independent judgment when using our Site and its Content.
9.4 While we try to make sure that the Site is available for your use, we do not promise that the Site will be available at all times or that your use of the Site will be uninterrupted.
10. Hyperlinks and third-party sites
The Site may contain hyperlinks or references to third-party advertising and websites other than the Site. Any such hyperlinks or references are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over third-party advertising or websites and accept no legal responsibility for any content, material, or information contained in them. The display of any hyperlink and reference to any third party advertising or website does not mean that we endorse that third party’s website, products, or services. Your use of a third-party site may be governed by the terms and conditions of that third-party site and is at your own risk.
11. Limitation on our liability
11.1 Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury) or arising under applicable laws relating to the protection of your personal information, we are not legally responsible for any:
11.1.1 losses that were not foreseeable to you and us when these Terms were formed;
11.1.2 losses that were not caused by any breach on our part;
11.1.3 business losses; and
11.1.4 losses to non-consumers.
12. Events beyond our control
We are not liable to you if we fail to comply with these Terms because of circumstances beyond our reasonable control [including, but not limited to, strikes, lock-outs, or other industrial disputes; breakdown of systems or network access; or flood, fire, explosion, pandemic or accident].
13. Rights of third parties
No one other than a party to these Terms has any right to enforce any of these Terms.
14.1 No changes to these Terms are valid or have any effect unless agreed by us in writing or made in accordance with this clause 14.
14.2 We reserve the right to vary these Terms from time to time. Our updated Terms will be displayed on the Site and by continuing to use and access the Site following such changes, you agree to be bound by any variation made by us. It is your responsibility to check these Terms from time to time to verify such variations.
15.1 We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently. If you are unhappy with us, please contact us as soon as possible using the contact details set out at the top of this page.
15.2 The laws of Trinidad and Tobago will apply to these Terms. If you want to take court proceedings, the relevant courts of Trinidad and Tobago will have exclusive jurisdiction in relation to these Terms.
16. User Accounts & Access to Password Protected/Secure Areas
Digital Canopi provides user accounts for its partners and clients. Access to and use of password protected and/or secure areas of the website is restricted to authorised users only.
If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction then such Term or Condition shall be severed and the remaining Terms and Conditions shall survive and remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
Online terms and conditions for the supply of digital content and end-user license agreement
This contract sets out:
1. your legal rights and responsibilities;
2. our legal rights and responsibilities; and
3. certain key information required by law.
In this contract:
1. ‘We’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means Royards Publishing Company Ltd
2. ‘You’ or ‘your’ means the person buying digital content from us.
If you don’t understand any of this contract and want to talk to us about it, please contact us by:
1. email: email@example.com. Emails will be responded to Monday to Friday between 8am to 4pm GMT-4
2. Telephone (868) 645- 0423, Monday to Friday: 8am to 4pm]).
Who are we?
We are Royards Publishing Company (trading as Digital Canopi ), a company registered in Trinidad and Tobago under the Companies Act Chap 81:01.
Our registered office is at 7A-7B MACOYA INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, MACOYA.
The details of this contract will not be filed with any relevant authority by us.
1. Introduction1.1 If you buy digital content from us you agree to be legally bound by this contract.
3. Ordering digital content from us3.1 Below, we set out how a legally binding contract between you and us is made.
4. No right to cancel4.1 When you place an order for digital content, you do not have the right to cancel this contract once the digital content is made available and are not entitled to a refund unless the digital content is faulty.
5. Permission to use the digital content5.1 When you order our digital content, you will have two options. You can obtain a subscription for a specified period of time where you can access the digital content or you can purchase the digital content for indefinite use but you will not own it. Instead, we give you permission to use it (also known as a ‘license’) for the purpose of you using and enjoying it according to this contract.
6.1 We accept the following credit cards and debit cards: VISA, Mastercard, and American Express.
6.2 A processing fee is applied to all purchases. The processing fee will be calculated and displayed at checkout.
7. Nature of the digital content7.1 When we supply the digital content:
8. End of the contractIf this contract is ended it will not affect our right to receive any money which you owe to us under this contract.
9. Limits on our responsibility9.1 Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury) or arising under applicable laws relating to the protection of your personal information, we are not legally responsible for any:
10. Disputes10.1 We will try to resolve any disputes with you quickly and efficiently.
11. Third Party Rights11.1 No one other than a party to this contract has any right to enforce any term of this contract.